June 25 - July 1
In it's second year, the Boston GuitarFest Academy program is an intensive prep course specifically constructed to help serious guitar students ages 16-20 prepare for musical life as a guitarist. Get the NEC college experience!
Participants will receive:
- 2 extra days of tailored instruction
- Masterclass with Eliot Fisk*
- Lessons and mentoring from BGA faculty Jerome Mouffe and Adam Levin*, as well as NEC and GuitarFest faculty and alumni.
- Guitar Ensembles, with private coachings and a final performance opportunity on Sunday, July 2
- Close study with guest artists as well as a lesson with Institute Festival Performing Faculty.
- Full access to all Institute Program events, as well as GuitarFest concerts.
Exclusive Academy seminars and workshops:
- career development
- finding your voice as a musician
- competition preparation
- music theory
* Lesson placement based on preference, faculty availability, and audition videos
Note: Starting June 2018, NEC's new Residence Hall will be available for all summer program participants ages 14 years and older to stay in!